Monday, December 26, 2011

Any Way You Slice It

Yams are one of my favorite foods. After eating Gluten-Free for 7 years, I had to get really creative with the type of starchy carbs I ate. Yams quickly became one of my favorites. They are a complex carbohydrate, this means they are filled with fiber, helping to keep blood sugar levels stable which helps with fat loss. They are also a good source of potassium and B6 and other vitamins. There are several ways to cook them, but my personal favorite is to roast them. Peel, slice, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and rosemary and you've got a delicious side dish! Sometimes I cube them when I roast them or slice them into fries. You can also bake them like a regular potato or have mashed sweet potatoes. Any way you cook them, I promise they'll become one of your favorites as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment